Thursday, January 21, 2010

DIRECT TV

I was just watching TV today evening and was thinking what the great technology must be behind such a simple box. We sit here, press a button, and it's done. What must be the technology behind that? Now-a-days with direct tv connections, our press of a button on the remote control, actually requests the TV set to receive a different signal frequency from the satellite!

The thought proceeded and made me think that so many direct tv packages are available. Here in India, the service providers are very different than those overseas. The Direct Tv packages in the US, I've read, contain quite different and more interesting channels, with an option of getting HD transmission too!

I wish I could have been in the US to enjoy the so many nice channels.

0 comments: